Here you'll find several tips, tweaks and tutorials on matters I find interesting (and possibly you will too) regarding the web and other techy stuff. Look around and you'll surely find something that you find useful.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fixing iKernel.exe/Installshield error

I recently ran into this iKernel.exe error while trying to install Dreamweaver on my lappy.
It read "The Installshield engine could not be launched. %1 ikernel.exe is not a valid Win32 application"
The same error popped up while trying to install another application. So I decided to look it up and I managed to find a simple solution for the same and this solution works for most of the other iKernel.exe or Installshield errors as well!

Simply head over to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Installshield and delete the 'Engine' folder. Then empty it from recycle bin!
Try the installation again and you should be golden! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails